The ASD-2v is a hardware security device developed by Apsis in order to serve the needs of
its security conscious clients. Based entirely on open standards, the ASD-2v offers a high degree
of security and reliability for its users.
ASD-2v Main Benefits
- Security: the software included with the ASD-2v is based on the BSD operating system. As
such, it benefits from a very stable software base, that has undergone extensive review and testing,
and has withstood all known cryptographic and network attacks.
- Reliability: the ASD-2v contains no moving parts - fans, hard disks, floppies, etc. - and
therefore its reliability is comparable to that of solid-state devices. In addition, the device is
completely quiet and consumes very little power.
- Flexibility: the ASD-2v is easily configurable to serve a variety of purposes - firewall,
filtering bridge, DHCP server, caching DNS, VPN gateway, traffic shaper, NAT gateway.
- Performance: the use of high-end components in the construction of the ASD-2v allows it
to offer very high performance, entirely comparable to that of middle-range dedicated routers.
- Open Standards: the ASD-2v is fully inter-operable with other systems - Windows, Mac, Unix,
Linux, BSD. All software used is fully standards-compliant and integrates easily into the customer's
- Interfaces: two 10/100Mbit Ethernet ports, one serial port. Optionally a third Ethernet
port or a modem (ISDN/analog) or a 4-port Ethernet hub.
- Connectivity: normal TCP/IP connections. Optionally PPP (for a modem) or PPPOE (for xDSL
or cable modems) with dial-on-demand. Additional protocols, such as IPX or AppleTalk available for
- Security: configurable stateful firewall. Optionally HTTP and/or FTP proxy servers.
Configurable as an address-less filtering bridge.
- NAT: Network Address Translation - all requests from the "internal" network go out over
a single Internet address. Responses are translated back and routed to the correct client.
- VPN: standard ipsec implementation, inclusive IKE/KAME key exchange protocol. Fully
interoperable with other systems, inclusive Windows98, Windows 2000, Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.
- Traffic shaping: bandwidth may be allotted as required for various applications and/or
- Other services: DHCP for the "internal" network, caching DNS server.
- High performance: the device achieves over 25Mbit/sec physical bandwidth. Compression may
be used for even higher throughput.
- Size: 175x170x110mm.
- Power consumption: 220V/35W.