I tried making the changes you suggested to help with downloading large
files, and I got it to work!! This actually allowed me to work-around the
issue I was having with the server code generating mixed http 1.1 and 1.0
code and the problems I had with the client timeout values.
The key to fix my problem was to increase the tcp_wmem setting. The
hardware I run Pound on only has 64M of memory, so it was starving for
memory from the get-go. None of the other suggestions like changing http.c
of changing tcp_mem made a difference, but in my case tcp_wmem was the key.
I can now turn down the client timeout value to 1, and have PDF files get
served up quickly, and allow clients to download large attachments without
I increased the minimum tcp_wmem setting to the largest file size I could
imagine downloading, and now all files download to IE without corruption.
With a lower setting I would either get a client timeout, or a server
Thanks for the great suggestions, I can finally move on to other problems to